Luminaire Street Lighting
50% energy saving
Bajaj Electricals managed to retain the aesthetics of Mumbai’s streets, while delivering more than
50% Energy Savings
over conventional HPSV street lights.
Last year a decision was taken to install LED street lights based on Central Government’s mandate of shifting to energy saving products. Further to this, it was also collectively decided by the Civic Officials that wherever there were yellow streetlights, Warm White LEDs will be installed and cool white LEDs will be replaced (Nearly 90 per cent of street lamps in the city are yellow. (HPSV). Bajaj Electricals had to pertain to this new regulation, while effectively lighting up different parts of Mumbai city.
New technology, new product but same lighting experience and feeling
Bajaj’s EDGE Warm White lighting was installed city roads of Mumbai. Installation of Warm LEDs ensured that the aesthetic beauty of the city was maintained, and at the same time a significantly better light source was provided.
The human-centric lighting ensured that there was improved productivity and visual acuity. Also, the colour temperature made sure that there is less stimulation to the brain, making it better for a person’s sleep pattern. Other such important benefits that resulted from installation of Warm LEDs by BEL are:
• Energy savings of more than 50% achieved over conventional HPSV street lights
• Total cost of ownership is less, as the LED products are maintenance free
• Newly installed products will pay for themselves, since the ROI is less than one and a half years
• Savings in terms of manpower used for maintaining the infrastructure, as the products have longer life span of close to 10 years
• Better illumination and uniformly lit roads
• More livable city with better safety and security for citizens, drivers and pedestrians
• Environment friendly lights with protection to ecosystem and wildlife
• Reduced light pollution over Mumbai with dark sky compliant products
• Making the city more aesthetically sound, smart and welcoming thus attracting more tourists
Copyright © Bajaj Electricals Ltd 2018